|Item Weight||1.6 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||4 x 4 x 0.5 inches|
|Item model number||4905/CLR055|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Size||1/2 in. x 5 yds.|
|Material||Solid acrylic material|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Cutting Diameter||4 Inches|
|Assembled Diameter||4 Inches|
- 3M 4905 VHB Tape is excellent for applications where an aggressive double-sided clear or colorless tape is desired. The general purpose adhesive on both sides of 3M 4905 is suitable for high surface energy substrates including metal, glass, and high surface energy plastics. Application ideas include sealing between the inner and outer dome of skylights, attaching handles to sliding glass doors, mounting backlit translucent signs, and edge bonding resin filled glass.
- 3M VHB Tape provides the convenience and simplicity of a tape fastener and is ideal for use in many interiors and exterior structural bonding applications. In many situations, they can replace rivets, spot welds, liquid adhesives, and other permanent fasteners.
- 3M 4905 VHB Tape is made with an acrylic foam which is viscoelastic in nature. This gives the foam energy absorbing and stress relaxing properties which provides these tapes with their unique characteristics. The acrylic chemistry of 3M 4905 provides outstanding durability performance and the tapes have excellent durability and excellent solvent and moisture resistance.
- Carrier/Backing: solid acrylic material. Adhesive: general-purpose acrylic. Release Liner: red PE film. Thickness: 25 mils (carrier, adhesive) 20 mils (carrier) 5 mils (liner).
- Adhesion: 192 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel). Tensile Strength: 100 pounds per inch (longitudinal). Service/Operating Temperature: up to 200F. Application Temperature: 50F to 100F. Density: 60 pounds per cubic foot. Dynamic Overlap Shear: 70 pounds per square inch. Short Term Temperature Resistance: up to 300F. Core: 3-inch diameter.
- Size options: 0.5 in. x 5 yd. or 1 in. 5 yd.